I am honored to be nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award! This is an award given to bloggers by fellow bloggers to encourage and support each other! It’s also a fun way to get to know each other a little better.
My nomination came from Nikki at Life’s Style. Please visit her site to get to know her more and support her blog. Thanks so much Nikki!
- Thank the blogger who nominated them and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated them.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and give them 11 new questions to answer.
- Notify your nominees and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post.
Here are my answers to questions posted by Nikki Life’s Style
- What do you enjoy most about blogging?
My favourite part about blogging is definitely the community. It’s so easy to feel like you’re not good enough but people have been so supportive.
- Who do you look up to most in your life?
I’ve always looked up to my mom. She was a stay at home mom growing up and I remember people acting like she was unemployed. After having done both, I know that being a SAHM is a 24/7 job. She always puts others before herself, she’s caring and would do just about anything for other people.
- Favourite thing to eat?
Since I got pregnant I always crave strawberries. I thought it would go away after giving birth but it’s definitely my favourite food.
- Where is your dream vacation? Why?
Ever since I was a little kid, I wanted to go to Australia. I watched every episode of the Crocodile Hunter and fell in love with the outback. My dream is to backpack across the country (or part of it), see the Great Barrier Reef and all my favourite animals. Canada is just about the farthest place from Australia so it’ll be a while before I get there.
- How do you stay on track with your blog?
I’m a new blogger so I’m still figuring this out. I have a long list of topics that I want to cover, use pinterest to gather tips & tricks and try to carve out specific hours where I’m active on social media/my blog each day.
- What do you like to do to relax?
I love reading, there’s nothing better than a good cup of tea and a new book. I love the classics or mystery, my favourite at the moment is The Sweetness at the Botton of the Pie by Alan Bradley, plus he’s Canadian!
- Would people describe you as the life of the party or more of a wall flower?
I’m definitely a wall flower. I’m pretty shy and reserved in a group setting, I love to listen and interact but you won’t find me as the centre of attention.
- Biggest accomplishment and why?
My biggest accomplishment is becoming a mom. Growing up, I struggled with self worth and self confidence, I always knew I wanted to be a mom but wasn’t sure if I would be good at it. I’ve spent so many hours worrying that I wasn’t good enough but whenever my son smiles and hugs me, I know that I’ll never stop trying to be the best mom.
- What’s in the back of your trunk right now?
My entire car is a mess – there’s a stroller, reusable bags, extra shoes, a blanket, probably some garbage and an emergency kit for the crazy Canadian winter.
- Best advice you can give a new blogger?
Don’t ever give up. Even if your blog traffic is low, keep trying. I’m not always the most confident when I publish a post but I’m really trying to stop letting self doubt get the best of me.
- What do you spend way too much money on?
Right now, diapers. If it’s something for myself, definitely loose leaf tea. We have a great local brand that I love supporting but I’m also a huge fan of David’s Tea Forever Nuts.
My 11 Questions for the 11 Nominees:
- What is your favourite TV show?
- What is your favourite family tradition?
- If you had to pick one day to live over again, what would it be?
- Where is your happy place?
- Are you a dog person or a cat person?
- What is your biggest irrational fear?
- What is your favourite song? Why?
- What is your favourite quote?
- What fictional place would you most like to go to?
- What is your biggest quirk?
- What takes up way too much of your time?
Thank you Nikki Life’s Style for the nomination!
Here are links to my Nominees: